The vital donations you raise provide funding for ground-breaking research projects to create a brighter future for Australians diagnosed with lung cancer. Fundraise, hold an event or donate a lantern of hope to make a difference today.Register or donate today
1 Your Fundraising
For the past nine years, the lung cancer community have used Shine a Light fundraising activities to come together as one to advocate for change in the lung cancer space. This year, we are encouraging our community to fundraise safely by completing a personal challenge or by hosting a virtual event.
Some ideas to get you inspired:
- A bake sale with a no contact door drop
- A virtual quiz over zoom, challenge your friends and family
- Take part in an exercise challenge like a marathon, lunge or sit up challenge to complete in November
- Hold a raffle, try asking local businesses to support you with prizes like a meat tray, bouquet or gift basket.
Join us for flagship week 20-27 November 2020:
- Encourage your workplace to get involved by holding a morning tea to raise awareness, people could even bring a gold coin! Some workplaces even offer matched giving, check in with your HR department to see if they do.
- In lieu of our gala ball join us for Fancy Friday on 27 November 2020. Dress up in your best frock, suit or formalwear, take a photo and tag us on social media @lungfoundation #ShineALight #FancyFriday.
We are here to help! If you need support, contact our friendly team on 1800 654 301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Become a fundraiser
2 Share on social media
Remember to harness the power of social media for good! Share your page, post updates, use the hashtag #ShineALight and tag us @lungfoundation. We love to see and share the impact you are making in the community!Follow us on Facebook
💡Light a lantern of hope this Lung Cancer Awareness Month
We are selling Shine a Light on Lung Cancer lanterns in packs of 10, to raise funds for lung cancer research this November. Light a lantern in honour or memory of a loved one impacted by lung cancer, or to help raise awareness.Purchase a lantern